You're at the right place for everything color...
If you care about color and are struggling with color management, we can help.
If you have comments or problems, please let us know.
- Jun 11, 2015
Maxwell got a nice plug from Barbieri at the recent ISA show in Las Vegas.Our Maxwell Client works closely with the Barbieri SpectroPad to load tracks onto the instrument and pull off measurements for uploading into Maxwell.
This makes for a great combination: Wireless portability, instant pass/fail reporting, and connection with the Cloud for tracking color anywhere in the world.
- Feb 23, 2015Monday, February 09, 2015CHROMiX and HutchColor donate color management and press software productsRochester Institute of Technology‚Äôs School of Media Sciences (SMS) has received donations of state-of-the-art software products from two companies considered leading providers of color measurement solutions for the printing industry.CHROMiX Inc. and HutchColor LLC have donated licenses of two software packages to SMS, widely recognized as a leader in media arts and technology in higher education.
‚ÄúThese generous donations from CHROMiX and HutchColor further enhance our school‚Äôs curriculum by giving students the ability to learn new technologies that standardize color-managed print production workflows through hands-on immersive learning,‚Äù said Robert Chung, the Roger G. Fawcett Distinguished Professor in SMS. ‚ÄúThese solutions will provide RIT students even more ways to demonstrate their technical and problem-solving skills to prospective employers upon graduation.‚Äù‚ÄúCHROMiX and HutchColor are highly respected leaders in the area of color management technologies,‚Äù added Twyla Cummings, acting administrative chair of SMS and senior associate dean of RIT‚Äôs College of Imaging Arts and Sciences. ‚ÄúPartnerships like these further allow SMS to pursue research interests that meet the current and future needs of our evolving industry.‚ÄùSteve Upton, president of CHROMiX, said his company is looking forward to the collaboration with RIT and the university‚Äôs students.‚ÄúWe are excited about the opportunity to partner with RIT‚Äôs School of Media Sciences to educate the next generation of print media professionals with the latest color innovation from CHROMiX,‚Äù Upton said.Don Hutcheson, HutchColor‚Äôs president, has a long relationship with RIT dating back to 1983.‚ÄúI am delighted to know this donation of Curve3 software will help RIT familiarize future industry professionals with the latest calibration methods and reference print conditions,‚Äù he said.
- CHROMiX Inc. has donated ColorThink Pro 3 software for the Macintosh, which will provide SMS students the ability to take advantage of the latest in color management innovation, including International Color Consortium (ICC) profile inspection and the use of look-up tables for color data conversion.
- HutchColor and CHROMiX have donated licenses of Curve3 software, which will enable students to gain insights into the G7 press calibration methodology. G7 produces shared neutral appearance across all printing processes, independent of ICC profiles.
Also posted at these sites:
- Feb 17, 2015
New program strengthens field support for leading color system. Certified Maxwell Technicians are now empowered to implement Maxwell in digital press, wide format inkjet and other print markets.
SEATTLE, WA -- February 18, 2015 - CHROMiX, the industry leading cloud-based verification service for the graphic arts, in response to industry demand has created a new Technician Certification for Maxwell. Created over 7 years ago, Maxwell is regarded the first cloud-based verification service for printers. With now over 140 million measurements and growing, additional technical resources are needed for the growing customer base.The Maxwell Certified Technician program provides ongoing training and support to field-level Maxwell technicians and installers, which is vital as Maxwell features continue to expand. With certification, professionals receive several benefits including their own Maxwell accounts (including MeasureWatch for their own instruments accuracy tracking), tier 3 Maxwell support from CHROMiX, and partnering opportunities. Maxwell Certified Technicians will also be listed on the CHROMiX website as a certified resource.The following 10 professionals have demonstrated their competency by meeting criteria requirements as Maxwell Certified Technicians:Dan Reid - RPImagingGreg Irving - Prepress ConsultantsEarl McGhee - McGhee ConsultingLee Nelson - Full Gamut ConsultingMichael Neumann - Neugamut ConsultingTerry Wyse - Wyse ConsultingThomas Holm - Pixl ApsEric Magnusson - Left DakotaDan Gillespie - CMGJim Memije - ColorHQWith the Maxwell Certified Technician program, CHROMiX shows its commitment to supporting these professionals and advancing their Maxwell skills as they support the growing list of Maxwell customers.
- Dec 31, 2014
This is a good time to:
- Run your spectros through any diagnostic programs that are available for your devices. Barbieri has a software tool called "Service Report" for all of their instruments and X-Rite has a utility called "i1Diagnostics" that has been recently updated to work with the i1Pro 2 and IO 2 table.
- An even better way to have assurance of instrument accuracy is to measure a control tool on a regular basis. This control tool would be a control strip that is specially made to be stable and colorfast for a long time. We sell the Vogelsong COLORef and also bundle it with our MeasureWatch service of Maxwell. This combination gives you a quality control strip as well as an easy way to track the accuracy of your device as you make routine instrument checks over time. The idea is that if an instrument is going out of spec. you'll know about it ahead of time.
- Oct 28, 2014
December 6th - 9th, 2014 - The 2014 Color Conference presented by the Printing Industries of America, the conference will be at the Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas, Scottsdale, AZ and is always a favorite stop for CHROMiX to end the year colorfully. Please come on by our booth and say hello to Rick, or attend one of Steve's or Pat's sessions. We'll look forward to seeing you there!